Thursday, January 28, 2021

Junk Crafting 2.0 Shark Tank

 Hello everyone. I have something that might interest the more artistic and environmentally minded among you. Junk Crafting. I know what you might be thinking. "Junk crafting? That sounds gross and weird." you might say. However, junk crafting isn't as odd as the name might make you believe. Junk crafting is when you use broken, thrown away, or scrap materials, often salvaged, in order to make, well, pretty much whatever you want. You are only limited by your imagination and available materials. I won't be talking about what I plan to make first in this blog, as that would spoil the surprise. 

When I was younger, I used to watch YouTube videos of guys grabbing random objects and turning them in to cool and awesome works. I've always wanted to try it myself, but I didn't really have an incentive to do so until now. Since I'll be using mostly parts from the junkyard, it will be slightly beneficial to the environment. This will also give me an excuse to use Daddy's power tools.

I'll be using the same YouTube videos I watched when I was younger, and will likely seek some help from Daddy on which tools are best for what I am aiming for. I'm going to add my own personal twists to the things I'm making as well.

The first Genius Hour really taught me how important it is to ensure time is set aside specifically for the Genius Hour. I also learned its better to try to choose a topic you are less likely to see as a chore, which I did during the Southern Cooking project. I won't have to rely on my Mamas schedule anymore. 

Thanks for tuning in, and make sure to recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Junk Crafting 2.6

 This week was mostly advice. I was learning a lot from YouTube channels on the difficulties in building more intricate art with the limited...