Alrighty everyone, welcome back to Junk Crafting. We took a week off, and during that time, nothing was any easier, other than the weather.
My search for the perfect parts was a complete failure once again. I eventually just decided to use a propane torch and a metal plate that was already attached to my Dads workbench. I hammered on my wrench knife alot, but the propane torch took a long time to heat the metal, and it still didn't get as hot as I needed. I slammed the thing for hours and hours, and I managed to get a VERY rough shape. It's very slow going, and my inexperience only worsens the time needed.
I hope to have the knife fully shaped by next week, during which I'll start getting a general profile, and then on to the quench. Be sure to come back and see the results.
Wow this sounds interesting. What kind of knife are you making? Have you ever done anything like this before?
ReplyDelete